- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 lb ground chicken
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1" piece fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 3 green onions, chopped, green tops for garnish
- 1/2 can water chestnuts, rinsed, drained, and chopped
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- 4-6 Boston or Bibb lettuce leaves
- Sweet chilli sauce, for serving
In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, brown sugar and rice vinegar.
In a large frying pan over high heat, add oil. Add chicken, season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring often, 2-4 minutes. Add garlic and ginger and cook for about 1 minute. Add water chestnuts, green onions, and mushrooms and cook for another 3-5 minutes. Add soy sauce-brown sugar mixture and cook, 1 more minute.
Transfer chicken to a bowl, sprinkle with peanuts, and serve alongside lettuce leaves. Serve with sweet chilli sauce.