- 3 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 onion, cut in 8 pieces
- 4 oz Massaman curry
- 2 (14 oz) cans coconut milk
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled, diced into 1" cubes
- 1/2 tsp fresh minced ginger
- 1 stalk lemongrass, pounded and tied with twine
- 1 lb chicken, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp palm sugar
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
In a large pan or Dutch oven over medium heat, add oil. When oil shimmers, cook onion until translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in massaman curry paste; cook and stir, 2-3 minutes.
Add coconut milk and stir until well blended. Add carrots and potatoes, bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
Add ginger, lemongrass, chicken, sugar, fish sauce lime juice and peanut butter. Bring to boil again. Cover and simmer until vegetables are tender. Serve over cooked jasmine rice and garnish with peanuts.