- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 4 Tbsp curry paste
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 head cauliflower, chopped
- 3 Yukon gold potatoes, chopped
- 1/2 white onion, sliced
- 1 (28 oz) can canned tomatoes
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- Fresh chopped cilantro (optional)
In a large Dutch oven or stock pot over medium-high heat, add oil. Once oil shimmers, add curry paste, garam masala, cayenne, and paprika to the pot and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Add onion, cauliflower, and potatoes and stir occasionally until browned, about 5 minutes. Add chickpeas, tomatoes, and cream to the pot and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook until vegetables are softened, about 20 minutes.
Serve each portion with 1/2 cup cooked brown rice and top with cilantro.