- 1 grapefruit
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 lemon
- 2 Granny Smith apples
- 1/2 cup jicama matchsticks
- 1 lb cooked crabmeat, shell fragments removed
- 1 Tbsp honey mustard
- 1 1/2 Tbsp champagne vinegar
- 3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp minced fresh chives
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts, toasted and chopped
Using a chef knife, cut off the peel and all of the white pith from all around the grapefruit. Working over a bowl, use a paring knife to cut between the membranes to release the grapefruit segments into the bowl. Squeeze the juice from the membranes into the bowl. Remove the grapefruit segments from the bowl and cut crosswise into 1/2” pieces and return to the bowl. Add sugar and juice of 1 lemon.
Core and cut the apples into matchsticks and add to the grapefruit and juice. Toss to combine. Add the jicama and crab and fold to combine.
In a small bowl, add mustard and vinegar and stir to combine. Whisk in olive oil. Add chives, season with salt and pepper and whisk to combine. Pour over crab mixture and toss gently to combine. Divide salad between 4 plates and garnish with nuts.