- 3 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp crème fraîche
- 1/2 tsp grated lemon zest
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh tarragon, plus more
- 1 tsp finely sliced fresh chives
- 8 oz lump crab meat
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 1 Hass avocado
- 1 Harmons artisan baguette
- Olive oil
- Smoked paprika
In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, crème fraîche, lemon zest, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, tarragon, and chives. Fold in crab meat and season with salt and pepper.
In a small bowl, mash avocado with remaining 1 teaspoon lemon juice and season with salt.
Preheat oven to 350°. Cut baguette into 1/4″ slices. Place slices on a rimmed baking sheet and pour oil into a small bowl. Using a pastry brush, brush baguette slices with oil and toast until lightly golden, about 12 minutes.
Spread avocado on toasts and top with crab salad. Sprinkle with paprika and tarragon.