- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 lb fresh (or frozen) cranberries
- 6 oz dried figs, coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Red pepper flakes
In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add shallot and rosemary and cook, stirring often, until shallot is starting to turn golden, about 7 minutes. Add cranberries, figs, brown sugar, vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and red pepper flakes and stir to combine.
Increase heat to medium-high, bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cook, stirring often, until cranberries burst, juices are syrupy, and pan is visible when a wooden spoon is dragged across bottom, 9-12 minutes. Let cool. Taste and season with more salt, as needed.