- 3 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 leeks, white and pale green parts only, thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 5 ears corn, husked, kernels grated on the large holes of a box grater, 1 ear with kernels sliced off with knife
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Pinch of smoked paprika
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 lb jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Chopped fresh chives, for garnish
In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, add 2 tablespoons oil. Add leeks and shallot and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.
garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Increase heat to medium and
add corn and 6 tablespoons water, 2 tablespoons at a time.
Stir until all water is evaporated.
Add cream, butter, paprika, and nutmeg and season with salt and pepper. Continue to cook until corn is creamy with a risotto-like consistency, about 4 minutes. Keep warm over low heat.
Meanwhile, in a frying pan over medium-high heat, add remaining oil. Add shrimp in batches, if necessary, season with salt and pepper and cook until pink. Cook on both sides, about 6 minutes total.
To assemble, spoon corn-leek mixture into warmed shallow bowls and top with shrimp. Garnish with chives.