- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 celery ribs, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 yellow onion, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 cups Harmons Organic Low-Sodium Chicken Broth
- 2 cups dried pasta noodles
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a large saucepan or pot over medium-high heat, add oil. Add carrots, celery, and onion and cook until vegetables are softened and onions are translucent, about 7 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add thyme, oregano and bay leaf. Add flour and stir to cook flour, about 3 minutes.
Add chicken broth, increase heat to high, and bring to a boil. Add pasta, reduce heat to medium, and cook, stirring occasionally, until pasta is al dente. Add chicken and season with salt and pepper.
Just before serving, taste and season with salt and pepper, if desired.