- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 4 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 head fennel, thinly sliced, fronds reserved
- 3 small sunchokes, thinly sliced
- 1 Granny Smith apple, thinly sliced into matchsticks
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp mustard
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Spread walnuts on a plate and toast in microwave for 30-60 seconds, being careful not to burn. They should have a nutty aroma.
In a small bowl, combine apple cider vinegar, mustard, honey, and salt. Whisk in oil and season with pepper.
Place sliced celery, celery leaves, fennel, sunchoke, apple, and walnuts in a bowl and toss with dressing. Garnish with fennel fronds.
Nutrition Info for 1 cup: 110 calories, 5 grams fat, 0.5 grams saturated fat, 0 grams cholesterol, 290 mg sodium, 14 grams carbs, 3 grams fiber, 8 grams sugar, 2 grams protein