- 2 cups black (forbidden) rice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 medium Amber Cup or Butternut squash, peeled, seeds removed, cubed
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup pomegranate arils (seeds)
- 1 cup microgreens or sprouts
- 1/2 cup toasted pistachios or pumpkin seeds
Preheat oven to 400°. Cook black rice according to instructions on package.
Meanwhile, toss squash with ¼ cup oil on a baking sheet; season with salt and pepper. Roast, tossing once, until golden brown and tender, 25–30 minutes; let cool.
Whisk vinegar, honey, cinnamon, and remaining ¼ cup oil in a large bowl. Add black rice, squash, green onions, pomegranate seeds, microgreens, and pistachios; season with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
Adapted from a Bon Appetit recipe.