- 3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 small red onion, sliced into strips
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 4 whole wheat pitas
- 4 oz fresh goat cheese, divided
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
Preheat oven to low broil.
In a medium frying pan over medium-high heat, add 2 tablespoons oil. When oil shimmers, add zucchini, bell pepper, onions, and garlic salt and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
On a baking sheet, add pitas and brush one side with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Broil on low until slightly golden. Flip pitas, repeat on opposite sides, then remove from oven.
Top each pita with vegetables and 1 ounce goat cheese. Return to oven and broil on low until cheese is melted, about 2 minutes.
Sprinkle with red pepper flakes before serving.