- 3 Tbsp hazelnuts toasted
- 3/4 lbs green beans stemmed and cut in half diagonally
- 2 tsp Dijon
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 shallot minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 3 stalks celery thinly sliced on a bias
- parmesan optional garnish, shaved
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Roast hazelnuts until fragrant and gold brown, about 15 minutes. Set them aside to cool. Once cool, place roasted hazelnuts on a towel and rub between palms to loosen skins. Roughly chop and set aside.
3. Blanch beans in salted water until tender, about 4-6 minutes. Have a bowl of ice water ready to shock beans briefly after.
4. While beans are boiling, make the dressing in a large salad bowl by whisking Dijon, balsamic, honey, garlic and shallot. Slowly whisk in olive oil until emulsified.
5. Once the beans have slightly cooled from blanching, add the beans and sliced celery to the dressing and toss altogether. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with parmesan if desired.