- 1 medium head (about 3 lb) purple cabbage, tough outer leaves removed and sliced into 6 wedges
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 oz (about 1/2 cup) blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 tsp ground sumac
- 1/4 tsp red pepper, such as Aleppo
- 1/4 cup toasted pumpkin seeds, for garnish
Blue/Purple: Anthocyanins and resveratrol are the star phytochemicals that give foods like berries, cherries, grapes, purple cabbage, and radishes their beautiful, rich colors. Research suggests these compounds help reduce cancer risk and support a healthy brain and heart.
In a grill pan over medium-high heat, add oil. Add cabbage and grill until lightly charred on all sides with wedges softened slightly and knife-tender in thick center, about 15 minutes.
In a bowl, combine yogurt, buttermilk, lemon zest and juice, garlic, salt, and pepper. Drizzle over wedges. Sprinkle blue cheese, parsley, sumac, Aleppo pepper, and pumpkin seeds over cabbage. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition per serving: 170 calories; 8g total fat (2.5g saturated); 420mg sodium; 20g carbohydrates; 5g dietary fiber; 10g sugar (0g added sugar); 9g protein