- 1 (16 oz.) jar Harmons red bell peppers in oil
- 32 oz. ground chicken or turkey
- 4 oz. Gruyere cheese, cut into 1/4" cubes
- 4 green onions, white and green parts, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Olive oil
- 4 Harmons hamburger buns
- Butter lettuce
- 1 ripe avocado, cut into slices
Mince 2 red bell peppers and reserve remaining peppers for another use.
In a large bowl, add peppers, chicken, cheese, green onions, garlic, egg, and panko. Season with salt and pepper and, using gloves or a large spoon or spatula, mix ingredients until blended. Let sit for 10 minutes at room temperature. Form into 4 flat patties.
Warm a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. If using a grill pan, add oil. Cook chicken burgers until browned on first side, about 10 minutes. Flip, reduce heat to medium, and cook other side until browned, 12-15 minutes or until an internal thermometer inserted into burger reads 165°. Transfer burgers to a clean plate to rest for 5-10 minutes.
Add buns to pan and cook until toasted to desired doneness.
Serve chicken burgers on buns with mayonnaise, lettuce, and avocado, if using.
Shop this recipe here.