- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 (14 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 oz) can great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 oz) can chopped tomatoes with juice
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 cup green beans, trimmed and cut into 1" pieces
- 8 cups beef broth
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp dried oregano leaves
In a heavy pot over medium-high heat, add oil. When oil shimmers, add onion, celery, and carrot and cook until vegetables are softened and onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
Add ground beef, season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink, about 7 minutes. Add beans, tomatoes, corn, green beans, broth, Worcestershire sauce, and oregano. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until flavors come together, 30-45 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.