- 1 cup (2 sticks) plus 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups hazelnuts, toasted, skinned and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 375°.
To make the crust, in a large bowl, add butter, brown sugar, salt, and flour and stir to combine. Pour into a 9″ by 13″ baking dish and flatten on bottom of pan until about 1/4″ thick. Use a fork to pierce holes in crust. Chill for 20 minutes. Bake until light brown, about 20 minutes.
Lower heat to 325°.
In a saucepan over medium-high heat, add butter, brown sugar, honey, granulated sugar, and salt and bring to a boil, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Remove from heat and add cream, vanilla, and hazelnuts and stir to combine. Pour into prepared crust and bake until bubbly, 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Let sit for about 1 minute and, using a knife or offset spatula, drag knife through melted chocolate. Let cool completely.
Adapted from Amy Andrus