- 3 cups unsweetened soy milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/8 tsp ground allspice
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 4 tsp maple syrup
- 2 cups chopped fresh fruit
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts
In a saucepan over medium heat, add soy milk, salt, and spices and bring to a simmer. Add oats and simmer to desired texture, 12-15 minutes. Stir frequently. Stir in maple syrup.
Divide into 4 bowls or containers. If storing for breakfast, cover and refrigerate. When ready to eat, microwave with 1 tablespoon water for 2-3 minutes until hot.
Top each serving with ½ cup fresh fruit (or ¼ cup dried fruit) and 3 tablespoons chopped nuts.
- Sliced pear, pomegranate arils, and walnuts
- Sliced apples and walnuts
- Fresh or thawed frozen cherries and pistachios
- Fresh strawberries and peanuts
- Raisins, apricots, and pecans
Nutrition Information calculated using 1/2 cup chopped apple and 3 tablespoons walnuts per bowl:
Serving size: 1 bowl: calories: 430; total fat: 21g (2.5g saturated); sodium: 210 mg; total carbohydrate: 49g; dietary fiber: 9g; sugars: 12g; protein: 16g