- 1 lbs red potatoes diced and optional peeled
- 2 Tbsp garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp chicken bouillon
- 2 cups water
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter room temp
- 1-2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup half and half
- 2 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese optional garnish
- 1 jar pesto optional garnish
- 3 Tbsp cranberries optional garnish
1. Preheat oven to 450°
2. In a sauce pan, combine water, garlic, chicken bouillon, salt and diced potato.
3. Bring to a boil and cook until potatoes are tender. About 10 minutes.
4. Drain potatoes and transfer to a big bowl. With the help of a fork mash the potatoes. Add butter and continue to mash. (You can also use a hand mixer).
5. Next, add flour, baking powder, pepper, and cornstarch. Mix until combined. Add half and half and continue to mix.
6. Divide the dough into 3 equal parts.
7. Add flavorings of your choice (see suggested flavor variations below)
8. Roll out each ball of dough and use variety of Christmas cookie cutters to cut the biscuits.
9. Place on a lined sheet pan and bake for 12 – 18 minutes.
Mix the following into 1/3 of dough.
Cranberry, Walnut and Swiss
1 Tbsp. chopped walnuts, 1 Tbsp. chopped dried cranberries, 1 Tbsp. shredded Holy Cow Swiss cheese
Cheesy Jalapeno and Cilantro
1 Tbsp. shredded Jalapeño cheddar or pepperjack cheese, chopped cilantro
Cheddar and Chive
1 Tbsp. shredded Red Fox cheddar cheese, Chopped chives