- Vegetable oil
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausages, cut into large chunks
- 1/2 lb thick-cut bacon, cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1 yellow onion, thickly sliced, divided
- 2-3 carrots, sliced, divided
- 2 lb Russet potatoes, peeled and sliced into slices, divided
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 Tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, divided
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp butter
Preheat oven to 350°.
In a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat, add a drizzle of oil, sausage pieces, and bacon and cook until halfway cooked. Transfer half of meat to a plate.
Add half of onion, carrots, and potatoes to pot. Season with salt, pepper, and parsley. Add back other half of meat and remaining onion, carrots and potatoes. Season again with salt, pepper and parsley. Pour broth over meat and vegetables, cover and bake in oven for 1 ½ hours. Remove lid, dot with butter, and continue to cook for 30 minutes.