- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 lb thick-cut bacon, chopped
- 5 new red potatoes, thinly sliced on a mandoline
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh dill
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup grated Irish Porter Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh chives, for garnish
Preheat oven to 350°.
Place thawed puff pastry sheet in pie pan and crimp edges and refrigerate.
In a frying pan over medium-high heat, fry bacon until crisp, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. When cool, crumble. Add onions to oil and cook until translucent and beginning to brown, about 5 minutes. Transfer onions to a plate to cool.
Sprinkle onions onto bottom of chilled pie crust. Add potatoes, dill and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with bacon and cheese and pour half and half over ingredients. Bake until tender and golden, about 40 minutes. Sprinkle with chives.