- 1 1/3 cups Israeli couscous
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Tuna oil
- 2 (5 oz) cans high quality tuna in olive oil, drained (keep oil)
- 1 (12 oz) container grape or cherry tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 hothouse cucumber, peeled, cut into quarters, and sliced into quarter-moons
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 oz feta, crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
Fill a large saucepan with salted water over high heat and bring to boil. Add couscous and cook, stirring often, until al dente, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a colander, rinse with cold running water and drain. Drizzle olive oil onto couscous and toss. Set aside.
To make the dressing, in a small bowl, whisk tuna oil, vinegar, paprika, salt, and pepper until blended.
In a bowl, combine couscous, drained tuna, tomatoes, cucumbers, green onions, feta, parsley, and basil. Pour dressing over the mixture, season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine.