- 3 lbs russet potatoes peeled and cut into quarters
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 bunch purple kale stems removed and leaves chopped about 1 inch
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 Tbsp fresh chives snipped
Place potatoes, garlic and a large pinch of salt in a large pot and fill with cold water, covering the potatoes by 1”. Bring water to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until tender, 18-20 minutes. Transfer potatoes and garlic to a large bowl.
In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Once the butter is melted, add the kale in small amounts until the kale starts to wilt, about 2 to 4 minutes. Add to the bowl with the potatoes and garlic.
Mash the potato mixture until smooth. Stir in the cream and softened cream cheese, season with salt and pepper. Garnish with chives.