- 1 1/2 Tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup grated sharp cheddar
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- 4 slices Texas toast, crusts trimmed
- 14 oz thickly sliced roasted turkey breast
- 2 Roma tomatoes, sliced in half
- 4 slices cooked bacon
- Pinch of paprika
- Chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, for garnish
In a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add flour and stir to combine. Using a whisk, slowly add milk and continue to cook, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low, add cheeses and nutmeg and stir until combined.
Place 1 slice of toast in an oven-safe dish and cover with half of turkey. Take 2 halves of Roma tomato and cut 2 toast points and set them alongside base of turkey and toast. Pour half of sauce over dish, completely covering it. Sprinkle with additional cheese. Place entire dish under a broiler until cheese begins to brown and bubble. Remove and cross 2 pieces of crispy bacon on top. Sprinkle with paprika and parsley and serve.