- 11 whole graham crackers (about 11/2 cups crumbs)
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 (14-oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup fresh key lime juice
- 1 Tbsp grated lime zest, plus more for garnish
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream, chilled
- 2 Tbsp sugar
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, butter and 1/4 cup sugar. Press evenly on bottom and up sides of a 9″ pie plate. Bake until lightly browned, about 12 minutes. Remove from oven, transfer to a wire rack and let cool.
Lower oven temperature to 325 degrees.
In a medium bowl, whisk together sweetened condensed milk, egg yolks, key lime juice, zest and salt. Pour into prepared, cooled crust.
Return pie to oven, and bake until center is set but still quivers when pan is slightly shaken, 15-17 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
Before serving, in a medium bowl, combine cream and 2 tablespoons sugar. Using a whisk or hand blender, beat cream until soft peaks form, 2-3 minutes. Spoon over cooled pie. Garnish with thin key lime slices or zest.