- 1/2 cup hazelnuts
- 2 kohlrabi (about 2 lb), peeled, thinly sliced, and cut into matchsticks
- 1 tart apple, such as Pink Lady or Crispin, cored, thinly sliced, and cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar or white balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup torn fresh mint leaves
- 2 oz parmesan, shaved
Preheat oven to 350°. Toast hazelnuts on a rimmed baking sheet, tossing occasionally, until golden brown, 10–12 minutes. Or, heat a dry frying pan over medium-high heat, add nuts and toast, tossing occasionally, until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Let cool, put in a kitchen towel to remove skins, then coarsely chop.
In a medium bowl, combine kohlrabi, apple, lemon zest, lemon juice and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine. Add mint and gently toss to combine.
Divide kohlrabi salad among plates, top with hazelnuts and cheese.