- 1/2 cup red wine, such as merlot
- 1/4 cup pomegranate molasses
- 5 Tbsp raw honey, divided
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried sumac
- 2 lamb chop racks, frenched, fat trimmed to 1/4"
- 2 large oranges, zested and segmented
- 1 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/2 cup finely diced sweet onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
In a bowl, combine wine, pomegranate molasses, 4 tablespoons honey, oil, garlic, oregano, and sumac. Arrange lamb in a 9″x13″ baking dish, pour marinade over lamb. Cover and refrigerate, turning once, 1-2 hours.
In a bowl, combine orange zest and segments, pomegranate arils, onion, min, remaining 1 tablespoon honey, and lemon juice. Cover and refrigerate.
Preheat oven to 400°.
Remove lamb from fridge and let marinade drain off. Season lamb with salt and pepper and grill to 135°, about 25 minutes. Let rest about 5 minutes. Cut and serve topped with orange-pomegranate mixture.