- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 Tbsp ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp red chile pepper such as Aleppo
- 1/2 bu fresh mint leaves, minced
- 1/2 bu fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley leaves, minced
- 1/2 bu fresh basil leaves, minced
- 1/2 bu fresh marjoram leaves, minced
- 1/2 lemon, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lb ground lamb
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Labneh for serving
- Warmed pita bread
In a large bowl, combine olive oil, cumin, red chile pepper, mint, parsley, basil, marjoram, lemon, garlic, lamb, and salt and pepper. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let flavors blend in refrigerator for 2 hours or up to 8 hours.
Prepare a gas or charcoal grill for medium-high cooking over direct heat. When ready to cook, remove meat from refrigerator 30 minutes prior to cooking. From into 2-oz rugby balls.
Grill lamb until browned on all sides and an instant-read thermometer registers 128° for medium-rare. Transfer to a plate and let rest, about 5 minutes. Serve with labneh and warmed pita bread.