- 8 oz whole wheat penne, bow tie, or rotini pasta
- 2 oz arugula
- 1 (15 oz) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 5 oz cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 oz shaved parmesan
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 6-8 fresh basil leaves, sliced into ribbons
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
Cook pasta according to package directions, drain, then let pasta cool in colander. Once cooled transfer to a large bowl and stir in arugula, cannellini beans, and tomatoes.
In a small bowl, whisk together oil, lemon juice, basil, honey, salt, and pepper. Just before serving add dressing to pasta mixture and top with parmesan and red pepper flakes.
Nutrition per serving: 270 calories; 13g total fat (2.5g saturated); 170mg sodium; 32g carbohydrates; 5g sugar (2g added sugar); 9g protein