- 2 bunches fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 10 sprigs fresh oregano, leaves removed
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 2 1/2 lb haricots verts, trimmed
- 2 lemons
- 2 large leeks, white and light green parts only
- 1 1/2 cups canola oil
- 1/2 pkg Harmons diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 pkg Harmons diced yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
To make gremolata, in bowl of a food processor fitted with the blade attachment, add all ingredients except red pepper flakes and pulse to combine. Add red pepper flakes and set aside.
Fill a large pot with water over high heat and bring to a boil. Add salt and beans and cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, 5-7 minutes. Using a spider or slotted spoon, transfer to a bowl of ice water and let sit for 1 minute. Drain and pat dry with paper towels.
Zest 1 lemon. Juice both lemons to yield 1/4 cup juice. Slice remaining lemon into wedges.
Cut leeks crosswise into 4” sections, then thinly slice lengthwise into matchsticks.
In a deep-sided frying pan over medium-high heat, add oil. When oil shimmers, add half of leeks and fry, stirring occasionally, until lightly golden brown and crispy, about 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to paper towels and season with salt. Repeat with remaining leeks and drain and discard oil in pan except 2 tablespoons. Wipe out pan with paper towels and add 1 tablespoon butter and a drizzle of canola oil. Add bell peppers and cook until just beginning to get tender, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
In same pan over medium heat, warm oil. Add green beans, lemon zest, and season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing occasionally, just until warmed through, about 5 minutes. Add lemon juice and toss to coat. Add reserved bell peppers and toss to combine. Transfer to a platter, top with leeks, pine nuts, and serve with lemon wedges and gremolata alongside.