- 1 (15 oz) can lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp each salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 Tbsp roasted and salted sunflower seeds
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 1 green onion, finely diced
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 whole wheat pita, halved
In a food processor or blender, add lentils, lemon juice, salt and pepper and process until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl and mix in sunflower seeds, celery, green onion and parsley. Sprinkle with smoked paprika.
Warm pita in a 200° oven and serve with spread.
Per 1 svg: cal.: 180; total fat: 3g (sat. fat: 0g); sodium: 390mg; total carb.: 29g; dietary fiber: 10g; sugar: 3g; protein: 11g