- 1 whole red snapper, cleaned, gutted, and scaled
- 6 cloves garlic, mined and combined with a pinch of salt
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp ground sumac
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 red bell pepper, halved, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, halved, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1/2 orange bell pepper, halved, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 tomato, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- Olive oil
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
Preheat oven to 425°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
Pat fish dry with paper towels. Make 2 deep slits on each side of fish. Slather garlic in slits and cavity.
In a bowl, combine cumin, coriander, ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, and sumac. Use 3/4 of spice mix to season fish on both sides. Fill cavity with dill and most of bell peppers, tomato, and onion.
Place fish on prepared sheet. Add remaining vegetables to form a frame around fish. Sprinkle vegetables with salt and remaining 1/4 of spice mix. Generously drizzle fish and vegetables with oil.
Roast fish and vegetables until fish flakes and vegetables are softened and beginning to brown, about 25 minutes. Transfer fish and vegetables to a serving platter and serve with lemon wedges.