- 2 Tbsp olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 1/2 cups farro
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 6 green onions
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/4 tsp ground cayenne
- 3/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
In a large pot over medium-high heat, warm 2 tablespoons oil. Add farro and stir to toast, stirring often, 3-4 minutes. Add broth and water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until farro is tender, 30-45 minutes. Drain in a colander. Rinse under cold water and shake to remove as much liquid as possible. Transfer to a baking sheet and spread evenly. Drizzle with olive oil, stir occasionally until cool.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine black pepper, cinnamon, cardamom, cayenne, ginger and nutmeg. Add lemon zest and juice, olive oil and salt.
In a large bowl, mix apricots, spinach, pistachios, raisins, green onions, pomegranates and parsley and toss to combine. Add dressing and cooled farro and toss to combine. Let marinate for 1 hour before serving.