- 1 head garlic, halved crosswise
- 2 Tbsp fresh grapefruit juice
- 2 Tbsp fresh orange juice
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/8 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp finely chopped fresh sage leaves
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh mint leaves
- 1 turkey breast half, patted dry
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Preheat oven to 400°.
Wrap garlic in aluminum foil and bake until very tender, 45 minutes-1 hour. Let cool completely. Squeeze garlic cloves into a bowl. Whisk in citrus juices along with paprika, pepper, cumin, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, nutmeg, salt, sage, and mint.
Place turkey breast on a rack in a roasting pan. Season both sides liberally with salt and pepper. Brush turkey all over with citrus-garlic mixture. Roast for 15 minutes then baste with more citrus-garlic mixture. Continue to roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted in meat registers 165°, about 70 minutes. Transfer turkey to cutting board and let rest, loosely tented with foil, about 15 minutes. Slice turkey and serve.