- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted, plus more for the pan
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate wafer cookie crumbs
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 4 cups coffee or mocha ice cream softened, divided
- 1/2 cup melted semisweet chocolate
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds, for garnish
To make the crust, in a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add cookie crumbs, granulated sugar, and salt and stir to combine. Cook until fragrant and crumbs are completely coated in butter, 3-5 minutes. Pour mixture into a pie plate and, using a 1/2 cup measure, flatten crumbs into bottom and up sides of pie plate. Freeze crust for 15 minutes.
To make the filling, scoop half of ice cream into pie crust. Spread evenly. Pour chocolate over ice cream. Scoop remaining half of ice cream over the chocolate. Freeze for 1 hour.
When ready to serve, in a bowl, whisk cream until soft peaks form. Add powdered sugar and vanilla and continue to whisk until stiff peaks form. Dollop cream over the ice cream. Sprinkle with almonds and serve.