- Olive Salad
- 1 1/2 cups pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1 cup chopped ripe olives
- 2 Tbsp capers, drained
- 3 anchovies, drained
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 dried oregano leaves
- 1 (8"-10") round loaf artisan bread
- Sesame seeds
- 5 oz thinly sliced mortadella
- 5 oz thinly sliced ham
- 5 oz thinly sliced Italian salami
- 5 oz thinly sliced provolone cheese
To make the olive salad, in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a blade attachment, combine olives, capers, anchovies, olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, garlic, and oregano. Pulse 3-4 times to coarsely chop. Set aside.
To assemble, cut off top third of bread loaf. Remove some of soft inside bread from both top and bottom, leaving a ¾” thick shell.
Brush inside of top and bottom bread halves with excess marinade from bottom of olive salad bowl. Stir olive salad and spoon half onto bottom round of bread.
Shingle mortadella slices over olive salad. Repeat with ham, salami, and cheese. Spoon remaining olive salad over cheese and top with top round of bread. Wrap sandwich tightly with plastic wrap and aluminum foil and refrigerate, turning occasionally, at least 2 hours or up to overnight. Cut sandwich into wedges before serving.