- 2 dz mussels, steamed just until opened
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oi l
- 1 large lemon, zested and juiced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Preheat oven to 350°.
Place opened mussels in a rimmed baking sheet. Discard empty shells.
In a food processor, add breadcrumbs, garlic, parsley, and lemon zest, and pulse to blend. Transfer to a bowl and add olive oil, salt, and pepper. Combine until crumbs are moist. Place spoonfuls of breadcrumb mixture over mussels. Drizzle with more olive oil. Place in oven and cook, 8-10 minutes. Do not overcook. Remove from oven and squeeze lemon juice over top before serving.