- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1/2 lb ground chicken
- Redmond Real Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 red onion, small diced
- 1 rib celery, small diced
- 6 oz Harmons Chef Prepared Diced Mixed Bell Peppers
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (12 oz) box dried pasta, such as penne, farfalle, or fusilli
- 1 (14.5 oz) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika (optional)
- 1 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, for garnish
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil, for garnish
In a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, add butter and oil. Add chicken, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink, about 6 minutes.
Add onion, celery, and bell peppers and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Transfer chicken and vegetables to a plate and set aside.
Add chicken broth to pot and bring to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 6-7 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and add tomatoes, lemon juice, carrot, garlic, paprika, if using, and thyme. Add chicken, vegetables, and any accumulated juices, season with salt and pepper, stir to combine, and simmer for 10 minutes.
Garnish with parmesan cheese and basil.