- 1/2 lb dry spaghetti noodles, broken in half
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp red curry paste
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2 cups) sliced horizontally
- 4 Tbsp canola oil, divided
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced asparagus
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions white parts and green parts separated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- Sprigs fresh cilantro, for garnish
- 1 lime cut into 4-8 wedges, for garnish
Bring a large pot of salted water to boil over high heat. Add noodles and cook until al dente, 8-10 minutes. Rinse under cold water, drain, set aside.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine fish sauce, rice vinegar, soy sauce, curry paste, sesame oil, and brown sugar. Add chicken and let marinate, 15-30 minutes.
In a large frying pan or wok over medium-high heat, add 2 tablespoons oil. Add chicken and cook until browned on all sides, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil, shallot, asparagus, bell pepper, and white parts of green onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Move vegetables from center of pan, add egg and cook, stirring often, until set, about 2 minutes. Add chicken and any juices, and spaghetti to pan and cook until warmed through, about 3 minutes. Add half of bean sprouts and half of peanuts and toss to combine.
Place noodle mixture on serving platter. Sprinkle with green parts of green onion, remaining bean sprouts, peanuts, and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.