- 1/2 loaf Harmons round sourdough
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Redmond Real Salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup Harmons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large Utah beefsteak tomatoes, stemmed, halved, seeded, and cut into 1/2" pieces
- 2 Persian cucumbers, halved and cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1 shallot, cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
Slice bread into 1” cubes. On a rimmed baking sheet, spread bread cubes all over. Leave uncovered overnight to dry, tossing occasionally. Or, dry in a 300° oven, tossing occasionally, until lightly toasted, about 20 minutes. Let cool.
In a bowl, combine vinegar, salt, and pepper. Slowly drizzle in olive oil while whisking constantly to form an emulsion.
In a large bowl, add bread, tomatoes, cucumbers, bell pepper, and shallot with half of dressing and toss to coat thoroughly. Add oregano and other half of dressing. Mix thoroughly until all ingredients are evenly coated and distributed. Top with basil.