- lb sliced bacon, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 3 (22 oz) cans baked beans, such as Bush's
- 2 cups firmly packed golden brown sugar
- 1-3 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
In large pan over medium-high heat, add bacon and cook until browned and crispy. Using a slotted spoon, transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate. Remove all but 2 tablespoons-oil and add onion and bell pepper and cook until vegetables are softened, about 7 minutes.
Remove from heat. Add remaining ingredients. Stir until combined.
Bake covered at 350° until bubbly, 45 minutes-1 hour.