- 1 lb spaghetti or linguine
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, divided
- 3 lb clams
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 tsp red pepper flakes, (optional)
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boil over high heat. Add pasta, cook for 8 minutes, and drain.
Meanwhile, in a large frying pan over medium heat, add oil. When oil shimmers, add garlic and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add 1/2 of parsley and all of clams. Cover and let clams steam open, 5-7 minutes.
Once clams are open, remove lid and add wine. Let wine reduce, about 5 minutes. Add pasta to clams and remaining 1/2 of parsley, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, if using, and season with salt and pepper.