- 2 Tbsp finely chopped shallot
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly groun dpepper
- 4 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 cup pearl (Israeli) couscous
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 1/2 cups mini cucumbers, ends trimmed and quartered
- 4 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup loosely packed coarsely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 Tbsp coarsely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 3 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, rinsed, drained, and patted dry
- 1 cup broken pita chips
In a large bowl, add shallot, vinegar, salt and pepper and whisk to combine. Slowly whisk 3 tablespoons olive oil into mixture. Set aside.
In a large saucepan over medium heat, add remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. When oil shimmers, add couscous and toast, stirring occasionally, until lightly golden, about 3 minutes. Add water, season with salt, stir to combine, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, until couscous is tender, about 10 minutes. Drain couscous through a fine-mesh sieve.
Transfer couscous to bowl with dressing and let sit, stirring occasionally, to cool slightly, 15-20 minutes. Add tomatoes, cucumbers, feta, and herbs. Toss to combine.
Meanwhile, in a 12” frying pan over medium-high heat, add canola oil. When oil shimmers, add chickpeas, and cook, stirring frequently, until golden and crispy, 10-15 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer chickpeas to paper towels to drain. Season with salt. Sprinkle salad with chickpeas and pita chips.