- 2 large zucchini
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 (15 oz) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup diced mushrooms
- 1/2 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 cup Harmons marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°. Cut zucchini lengthwise then scoop out inside seeds and pulp with small spoon. Keep pulp for filling.
In a frying pan over medium heat, add oil. Add zucchini pulp, beans, mushrooms, peppers, spinach, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Cook until most moisture has evaporated from pulp, about 5 minutes.
Remove from heat and pour in marinara. Mix together, then spoon mixture into zucchini boats and place on a sheet pan. Sprinkle with parmesan (or skip for vegan option), bake until warmed through, about 20 minutes.