- 4 Tbsp canola oil, divided
- 2 1/2 lb pork shoulder, trimmed of excess fat and cut into 1" pieces
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 Tbsp all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 Tbsp smoked paprika, divided
- 1 onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp caraway seeds
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 3 cups drained sauerkraut
- 8 oz sour cream
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh dill
In a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat, add 2 tablespoons oil. Working in batches, add half of pork, season with salt and pepper, and cook until browned on all sides, about 6 minutes total. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons flour and 1 tablespoon paprika over pork and stir until coated, cooking for 1 minute. Transfer pork to a plate. Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Repeat with remaining pork, salt, pepper, flour, and paprika. Transfer pork to plate.
Add onion and cook until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Slowly add broth while stirring. Add pork, caraway seeds, coriander, and tomato sauce. Season with salt and pepper, stir, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 50 minutes. Add sauerkraut, bring back to a simmer. Cover and cook for another 45 minutes.
Add sour cream, dill, and season with salt and pepper. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.