- 1/2 cup good quality olive oil
- 1 small red onion, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Greek oregano leaves
- 2 tsp chopped fresh mint
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 lb country style ribs, cut into 1" cubes
- 1/2 unpeeled hothouse cucumber
- 1 1/2 cups plain whole Greek yogurt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh mint, plus more for garnish
- Wooden skewers soaked in water for 30 minutes
- Lemon rice pilaf, warmed
- Pita bread triangles, warmed
To make the marinade, in a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Add pork to a sealable bag and pour in marinade. Seal bag and toss to coat pork evenly with marinade. Open bag and reseal, removing as much air as possible. Place pork in refrigerator for at least 2 hours or up to overnight.
To make the tzatziki sauce, grate cucumber and drain through a fine-mesh sieve set over a bowl for 2 hours to up to overnight in refrigerator.
In a large bowl, combine yogurt, garlic, oil, vinegar, mint, and salt. Cover and refrigerate.
When ready to serve sauce, add cucumber to yogurt mixture and stir to combine. Garnish with more mint.
To cook pork, preheat a grill over indirect heat.
Meanwhile, thread pork onto soaked skewers. Grill pork until browned on all sides and cooked through, 8-12 minutes.
Remove skewers to a plate and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Serve with rice pilaf and tzatziki.