- 1 lb chicken breasts, cut into thirds
- 2 limes, cut into wedges, divided
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp canola oil, plus 2 cups for frying
- 1/2 large onion diced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 Tbsp chile powder
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano leaves
- 1 Tbsp dried cilantro
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 1/4-1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (4 oz) can green chiles, drained
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 5 fresh wontons or corn tortillas, , cut into strips
- 1 cup shredded cheese, such as Mexican blend and pepper Jack
- 1 bu fresh cilantro, chopped, for garnish
- 1 pkg Harmons fresh salsa, for garnish
- 1 cup sour cream, for garnish
- 1 avocado, sliced, for garnish
In a bowl, add chicken, 1 tablespoon oil, juice from ½ a lime, salt and pepper and mix well.
In a pressure cooker insert on Sauté setting, add oil. Add onions and cook, about 2 minutes. Add chicken and cook, about 5 minutes. Add cumin, coriander, chile powder, dried oregano, dried cilantro, and cayenne. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Deglaze pan with chicken broth, corn, beans, and green chiles and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Without stirring, add rice, making sure rice is covered with liquid.
Set cooker to high pressure for 8 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a heavy saucepan over medium-high heat, add 2 cups oil and heat to 350°. Add wonton strips and fry until lightly golden, stirring occasionally, about 2 minutes. Transfer wontons to a paper towel-lined baking sheet to drain. Set aside.
When finished cooking, quick release pressure and open pressure cooker. Add half of cheese on top of rice and close lid again for 2 minutes.
Place 2 spoonfuls of chicken-rice mixture on a plate. Add salsa, lime wedges, avocado slices, sour cream, shredded cheese, and wontons on top of rice and serve.