- 2 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 lbs Harmons Beef Spoon Roast
- 1 small container Harmons Mild Salsa
- 1 container Salsa Queen Roasted Tomatillo Salsa, medium
- Harmons 6-inch corn tortillas or street taco-size flour tortillas, toasted or charred over a gas stove
- Cilantro, chopped
- Radishes, thin-sliced
- Queso Fresco cheese, crumbled
- Lime Wedges
Tender pulled beef using Harmons pre-seasoned chuck spoon roast and Harmons fresh salsa is the easiest 4 ingredient taco recipe you’ll ever make!
- Preheat a large cast iron skillet or pan over medium high heat. Add the oil and swirl around the pan.
- When the oil is shiny, place the pre-seasoned Spoon Roast into the pan and sear for 4-5 minutes per side, or until golden brown.
- Place the seared Spoon Roast into a slow cooker. Pour the entire container of chopped onions and both containers of salsa on top of the meat, then stir together.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours, or until falling apart.
- Using two forks, shred the meat and mix it into the salsa. Remove any large chunks of fat or gristle.
- Serve on tortillas with cilantro, radishes, cheese, and extra lime wedges.
Harmons sells both a pork and beef spoon roast. The pork is a pork butt or pork shoulder and the beef is a chuck roast. Harmons’ butchers pre-season the roasts with a special blend of spices that takes the thought out of seasoning and cooking. This recipe may be used with the pork or beef using the same time and temperature. It also makes excellent taco salad or enchilada filling.
Recipe courtesy of Lisa Child from https://triedtestedandtrue.com/