- 2 lb pork tenderloin, cut into 1" chunks
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 thick slices smoky bacon, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp ancho chili powder
- 3 Tbsp chili powder
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1-11/4 lb smoked turkey wings or drumsticks
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree
- 1 (29 oz) can hominy, rinsed and drained
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Thinned sour cream, for garnish
- Shredded cheese, for garnish
In a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat, warm 3 tablespoons oil. In batches, add pork, season liberally with salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned on all sides, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining pork, adding more oil, as needed.
Add bacon, onion and carrots to pan and cook, stirring often, until onions are translucent, 10-15 minutes. Stir in garlic and both chili powders and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add broth, diced and crushed tomatoes and turkey. Increase heat to high until boiling. Reduce heat to low and simmer, partly covered, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes.
Stir in canned pumpkin and hominy and continue to simmer, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes.
Add back to pot browned pork and transfer turkey to a plate. Let turkey cool, remove meat from bones, discarding skin and bones, and return meat to pot. Season with salt and pepper. Serve chili in roasted sugar pie pumpkins with assorted garnishes.