- 1 1/4 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 Tbsp canola oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp chile powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp almond butter or natural peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
Season chicken with salt and pepper.
In a large nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon oil. Add chicken and cook, turning once, until browned on both sides, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
Reduce heat to medium. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil, garlic, chile powder, cumin, cinnamon and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add tomato sauce, broth, chocolate chips, and nut butter and stir to combine. Bring to a simmer.
Reduce heat to medium-low, return chicken and any juices to pan and turn to coat with sauce. Simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.