- 2 cups tri-colored quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 4 chicken breast halves, cooked and shredded
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 (15 oz) can low-sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (10 oz) bag frozen corn, thawed
- 2 avocados, halved, pitted, and cubed
- 1 cup fresh salsa
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 fresh lime wedges
In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, add quinoa and toast, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Add broth and bring to a boil. Cover and cook until al dente, 15-20 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
Divide quinoa evenly between 4 bowls. Divide chicken between the 4 bowls. Sprinkle on black beans, corn and avocados. Place a dollop of salsa on each bowl. Garnish with cilantro and serve with lime wedges.